Sunday, October 18, 2009

This has been a busy day but very nice. I started off by celebrating the 8:00 A.M. Spanish Mass at St. Joseph's Parish in Lynn. That's always a great way to begin the Sunday. It's a vibrant community over there.
Then at 1:00 P.M. I went over to St. Thomas the Apostle parish hall for the 60th anniversary luncheon of the Lay Carmelite Community from our chapel-in-the-Mall. It was a very nice luncheon with a rather good attendance considering that it was a very cold and rainy day. About eight people attended representing the Lay Carmelite community in Hudson, N.H. I believe it's the community of Bl. Titus.
Elizabeth (Betty) Foote, a member of the first profession class of our Chapter was present and added a rather detailed account of the circumstances surrounding the beginning of the Chapter.
Following this anniversary luncheon, I went to a family birthday party in Methuen, MA for my grand-neice, Tess Regan who was born four years ago today in China. Her full name is Tess Ai Bei Regan. My nephew and his wife retained her chinese name as her second name. They adopted her three years ago this month. It was a joyful family event.
Would you believe that it is only October 18th and I had to drive home with the windshield wipers going full blast wiping SNOW off the windshield!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment